|log in||·bands/artists||·fans||·clubs/venues||·live listings||·news||·classifieds||·artist resources||·contact|
The History of TRACENINE:
From the opening line of their latest release (“Breaking Silence”) TRACENINE go straight for the throat and immediately command the respect and attention of listeners. By fusing real world events with captivating melody and justifiable anger, T9 detonates an unparalleled sound with mass appeal. They've scored nominations for best live and metal band, won $10,000 as Paragon Band Battle Champions, showcased at Canadian Music Week and were Rock Search finalists in the same competition that helped launch the career of Finger Eleven. Renowned for delivering powerful live performances, T9 has entertained countless sold out crowds in support of bands like Hedley, State Of Shock, Matthew Good, Nazareth, Social Code, Bif Naked, The Salads, Faber Drive and Meredith Brooks.
Like many great bands that have come before them, TRACENINE has experienced first hand the multiple levels of corruption which exist in the industry today. As James Hetfield so eloquently put “when it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way” is an all too familiar feeling that the band has faced time and time again. The last big heartbreak came as recent as January 2008 when a recording agreement with an independent label out of LA, worth over $1.2 million dollars, turned out to be fraudulent. After many broken promises and missed deadlines the band licked their wounds and set fire to the contract. Not ones to dwell on the negative, T9 took fate into their own hands and created a label, publishing and management company called Armed Music Inc. in silent partnership with a handful of trustworthy industry reps.
The members of TRACENINE share a sincere passion for life, music and justice. From day one they made a pact to check their ego's at the door and focus on what was best for the band. The end result is an extraordinary synergy which cannot be denied. Without question ‘09 is the year of T9!
Recent Accomplishments of TRACENINE:
• “Music Not Mischief” Partner (Toronto Police Service & Dot on Shaft ‘08)
• Featured Live-to-Air on Hollywood Music TV – (Oct. 2008)
• Confirmed Appearance at North Rocks the Bay Fest - August 2009
• Fully Endorsed by Dot On Shaft Guitars ( www.dotonshaft.com )
• 13 Track CD entitled “Breaking Silence” Global Release Date - Jan. ‘09
• Showcase Appearance at Canadian Music Week 2007
• Toronto Independent Music Award “Best Live Band” Nominee (July ‘07)
• Toronto Independent Music Award “Best Metal Band” Nominee (Oct.'07)
• Most Requested Artist of 2006 on Power Cast Radio
• Featured in Wild Child Canada, The Mag – UK & Toronto Indie webzines
• Featured in Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles & Caustic Truths magazines
• Indie Film Score & Soundtracks
• Multi song deal with Thunderstruck Film Productions
• Ready to Roll selected as Teaser and lead-off track for Thunderstruck 6
• 97.7 HTZ FM Rock Search Finalist (1 st Runner Up) (2006)
* Paragon Band Battle Champions $10,000 grand prize (2004)
©1998-2013 overhear.com · all rights reserved
contact overhear: firstname.lastname@example.org